Students, alumni, faculty, and friends came together to see ECE’s fun side on September 25. In the division’s first-ever Family Fun Night, 500 attendees of all ages brought the EECS atrium to life in an evening of lasers, science, games, and more.
The event highlighted the projects and work of several student teams and labs, giving kids and adults alike a chance to see ECE’s ingenuity in action. The world-class U-M Solar Car Team showcased their 2011 model, Quantum, which took first place in the inaugural Abu Dhabi Solar Challenge earlier this year. Crowds were delighted by the optics group’s hologram, Prof. Jason Corso’s robotic arm, and the MAAV team’s drone technology.
And that was just the start. Parents and children alike could put their engineering minds to the test in the spaghetti marshmellow challenge, chow down at the hot dog stand, suit up as sumo wrestlers, and let out their creative side with arts and crafts.
Guest performers 58 Greene A Cappella helped cap the night, along with a laser light show and door prizes presented by Prof. Khalil Najafi, Chair of Electrical and Computer Engineering.
Check out photos from the evening and a full list of attractions below.
ECE’s 2015 Family Fun Night featured:
- U-M Solar Car Team
- Engineering demos, including holography, signal processing, and control systems
- Carnival Games
- MAAV Team
- Demos and activities from the LNF
- Wolverine Soft Team
- Temporary tattoos and face painting
- Arts and crafts and spin art
- The Spaghetti Challenge
- Indoor games, including ping pong, cornhole, and ladder golf
- Photo booth
- Bounce house and inflatable sumo suits
- Hot dog stand, pizza, and ice cream
- 58 Greene A Cappella performance
- Laser light show