If you are 70½ or older and own a traditional IRA, consider making an IRA charitable rollover gift this year. A gift of up to $100,000 made from your IRA to the University of Michigan will:
- not be included in your taxable income.
- satisfy your required minimum distribution (RMD) for the year.
- reduce your taxable income, even if you do not itemize deductions.
- not be subject to charitable gift limitations.
- provide meaningful support for the University of Michigan.
This gift opportunity ends on December 31, 2014.
Contact the Office of Gift Planning or your IRA plan administrator to make a qualified gift from your IRA to the University of Michigan.