Curious about chemical engineering graduate studies and how to navigate the application process? Wonder where a career in chemical engineering can take you?
Students from all institutions are invited to apply to attend ChE GradExpo 2019: Explore Graduate Studies in Chemical Engineering at the University of Michigan. In this one-day workshop, participants will learn about the graduate school application process and the opportunities that exist for those who pursue graduate work in this impactful discipline. A limited number of travel grants are available for non-U-M visitors.
- Who: A one-day workshop for sophomores and juniors considering graduate school
- When: 9 am-5 pm EST on Friday, April 12, 2019
- Where: The University of Michigan-Ann Arbor campus (Lurie Engineering Center and the North Campus Research Complex)
- Cost: A number of travel grants are available for non-U-M participants
- “Life as a PhD student” – Q&A panel with current graduate students
- In-lab presentations of current research
- Lunch with faculty and graduate students
- “Academia vs. Industry” – Q&A panels with current faculty and industry partners
- Clinic on “How to Prepare a Strong Graduate School Application”
- Opportunity to receive one-on-one feedback from faculty regarding your application
How to apply
Complete a brief questionnaire, and upload your resume and unofficial transcript online. Admissions will be issued on a rolling basis.
We will accept applications in three rounds:
- Sept. 1, 2018
- Oct. 15, 2018
- Dec. 1, 2018